Friday, December 30, 2011

Pirate Hunter by Tom Morrisey

Pirate HunterPirate Hunter by Tom Morrisey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A highly enjoyable swashbuckling tale--in the chapters it actually was a pirate's story.




The book splits between a modern(read:sappy romance) story and the pirating life of Bold Ted in 1623. After trying a few chapters from the modern plot line I stopped; it just wasn't going to be a beneficial use of my time.

However! The book receives four stars in regards to it's pirate plot line. Very well done, very true to the realities of life; it did not pull any punches about the slaving ship; it was also very unique in the sense that "Bold Ted" was on his way in a slave ship to be sold until the ship is boarded and taken over.

Because I grew quite attached to the historical plot line, the ending of Ted's story was extremely abrupt, and lacking virtually all closure. I'm not sure if this was due to the author intending Ted's story to be purely supplemental, or perhaps there was a book deadline looming.

Recommended for 15+ for the pirate plot line. Recommended for no one for the modern story.

View all my reviews

No comments: