Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sorry!(Not really)




Day Timer :) + A host of other things too complex for my mind ;)
As the title says, I am sorry! Just not truly sorry :S I have more Evergreen pictures today! I took them today and had a blast with the taking of them :D I got to do many interesting things, and missed out on the meeting with the brass :) Also I got two books today, one I received for something:Henley The Book Of Heroes, And a library book Majesty The Sorcerer And The Saint. The first book I have high hopes for, the second I am most curious about. All reading about it seems to tell me it is written as almost a fiction perspective on magic and its' dangers. Sort of an antithesis to the acclaimed Harry Potter series. We shall read with our eyes open O_O Oh! I also got a day timer thingy mabbober :) It shall be extremely useful! Mom's are so nice :) :)Enough about books, now for planes!

Edit: Have to get off, will post planes tomorrow



Slippery Experimental
From Millard's hole in the net ;)


Some developed by the marines for the boys in Nam to drop down to them and with no bolt assembly require let them snap it together and then get away :))
From Millard's hole in the net ;)


Hiller Flying contraption, this really was tried for awhile (OO)
From Millard's hole in the net ;)


Cool Helicopter, Cooler view, coolest picture ;)
From Millard's hole in the net ;)


A Euro Build Puma. 12 Men plus the Pilot and Co-Pilot in this one.
From Millard's hole in the net ;)


Me-262 with Rockets :D Explosive warheads in these suckers, one can take down a B-17.
From Millard's hole in the net ;)


A Euro chopper called the Llama, interestingly it is one of the few helicopters that specializes in high altitude rescues
From Millard's hole in the net ;)


ME-262
From Millard's hole in the net ;)


Me ME-262
From Millard's hole in the net ;)



ME-262 
From Millard's hole in the net ;)


A SWEET 250k+ Experimental :) This is a really slippery plane, bleeds speed really slowly.
From Millard's hole in the net ;)

4 comments:

Dwibble said...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Hiller Flying Contraption was disbanded mainly because it was too loud and could only go straight up in the air, making them vulnerable to enemy snipers.

Anyway, cool pics Millard! I agree that the helicopter is pretty sweet. ;)

Precentor said...

Alright! Thanks for the question Sir Dwibble!

So, this is how I understand it. The Hiller Flying Contraption, also knows as the VZ-1 Pawnee, was too slow and loud. IT wasn't an issue of sole upward thrust, instead simply and issue of the items I mentioned above ^_^

Heh, I tend to agree with you in part though, I wouldn't want to ride one of those in combat O_o

*Waves arms* Calling all snipers infantry men, and the occasional plane!! Fire at will at me floating platform! :S

I have used the simulator Evergreen has for those things, tis very strange....heh, but fun :) (Until you crash land in the Willamette...)Hiller Flying Contraption

Dwibble said...

:D

If I had to choose a plane to fly in, I'd pick the Spruce Goose. Too bad they don't have it on exhibit there. Maybe they'd have a scale model of it to reduce its size. XD

There was a second airship built like the Spruce Goose, but its name escapes me. Sadly, the three that they built were abandoned and then scrapped.

Precentor said...

Nah, the goose is a monster! Not at all cool ;)


What do you mean? They have it on exhibit at the museum I work at :P Heh, and they have the very same model they used of it in the movie "The aviator". :)

I don't believe there was actually, the goose was a prototype, HK-1. Hughes only built one plane like the "goose" and Kiezer didn't even finish building the "goose" :S Maybe we are thinking of a different plane?